Vacation Dwelling Insurance

 Vacation Dwelling Insurance

If you  plan to lease or rent your home to one person or a couple or family for a longer period of time, you will likely need a landlord or rental dwelling policy.  Regularly renting out a vacation home or investment property also requires a landlord or Vacation Dwelling Insurance policy.

Landlord policies provide property insurance coverage for physical damage to the structure of the home caused by fire, lightning, wind, hail, ice, snow or other covered perils. It also offers coverage for any personal property you may leave on-site for maintenance or tenant use, like appliances, lawnmowers, and snow blowers.

Liability coverage is also available on your policy; Coverage includes legal fees and medical expenses in the event that a tenant or one of their guests gets hurt on the property.

As the landlord, your coverage is only on the structure itself and your financial interest in it. The tenant’s personal possessions are not covered under your policy. In order to avoid disputes arising from damage to the renter’s belongings, many landlords require a tenant to buy renters insurance before signing a lease.

Southern Insurance Underwriters can assist you with your clients Vacation Dwelling Insurance Needs.

You can quote and bind online. Application and quote documents are available instantly!  Evidence of insurance form upon completion.  Due to the fact that everything is done through the online rater, your PDF documents are also available real time for print or emailing, depending on your preference.

  • Coverage includes DP1 & DP3.
  • P/C 1-10 available
  • Primary/seasonal/secondary/tenant
  • 1-4 family dwellings
  • water backup coverage
  • wind available in coastal territories
  • Available in AL and GA.

You can log into at, or email us to get your username and password to use the online rater.